Sunday, February 20, 2011

Now, where did I put my Buddies....

As a business grows, it is important that you have a good system of tracking the whereabouts of your product. Too many times are items lost within the places they are stored, and as a "makeshift" business owner here, the idea of losing sales because of the misplacement of a product is just clearly unacceptable! However, there does seem to be a fix. Instead of the classic barcode placed on each individual Ear Buddy, I now have the option to use RFID chips. Not only is the switch fro barcode to RFID chips practical, it will save me money and my worries about security will be put to rest.

With the RFID technology I have the ability to know the exact whereabouts of each case of Ear Buddies I have within my storage facility. All I have to do is scan a RFID sticker of sorts, and that individual sticker holds unique information about that individual product like a product number, style, size etc. Say a case of my Ear Buddies goes missing, all I will have to do is go to my scanner and type in certain information, and the radio waves will pinpoint exactly where my product is hiding.

RFID has the ability to take my product line past just security innovation, for it creates another way of keeping everything organized. With the use of RFID, products can be located with quickly and can therefore be sent to customers quickly, thus resulting in some happy returning buyers. In this day and age, having a small business is all about staying afloat and to make that happen, you need to be able to have a slight edge. That edge for me is a practical product paired with the ultimate tracking/organizational technology: RFID chips.

1 comment:

  1. OOOO!!! I liked this entry the moment I read the title! RFID readers are SO cool to me! Yeah…in short, I love everything about this entry. The application, the convenience and saving myself from pulling my hair out looking for stuff. I have a natural tendency to misplace stuff….grrr. So very appealing idea!

    ReplyDelete