Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Catchy Tune

Just like every successful product, Ear Buddies will have to have a fun jingle to stay in all consumer's heads. Now that we have down a functional web layout complete with a practical color scheme geared towards targeting a certain audience, it is important that we look at marketing techniques and one of those includes a jingle. The question now becomes what the format for the audio file posted on the website will be. I have two options: WAV and MP3.

If I am aiming for quality in the audio I post on my site, WAV files would be idealistic. They are substantially large in file size but the audio quality includes a wider array of frequencies which enhance the listening experience. However, most people cannot distinguish the difference between the WAV and MP3 format, and for that reason if I make the jingle accessible by download, I would have the download format as an MP3 file. This will take up less space on the computer and the download time would be significantly decreased. Either way, it is important that some type of phrase is associated with my product, and I believe that a catchy tune will do just that.

To be honest, I struggled with finding a use for the incorporation of material from this week's lecture, but I feel that by somehow including audio as a component of selling the product is a good idea. If you take the time to think about, the products that stick in your head when you go to the store to buy them are generally the ones that leave you singing their jingle within your head. This is where I feel that the use of WAV and MP3 files for different purposes would help my product expand to farther reaches of the marketing world. There is only one thing left to do: make the song...

2 comments:

  1. Although it may have been challenging, I think you did a nice job applying audio files to your idea. Would your site play music from a well known artist or would you create a music file for the site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a slogan for my TaylorBuds—perhaps you’ll catch on to it! WAVs are good for quality. MP3s are good for conserving space, right? I would suggest looking at the math of Megabytes and gigabytes and space—that might give your customers some perspective…Check out my blog for some inspiration. I had to take last week off and make up for it later. This blog and the next were extremely helpful in devising my own blogs!

    ReplyDelete